HSHV understands that financial difficulty often means making a list of priorities. Frequently, animals are forced to be low on that list. HSHV’s Bountiful Bowls program assists Washtenaw County and Plymouth residents who are having difficulty meeting the nutritional needs of their dog or cat due to financial burden.
Trying times can be temporary. With a little assistance, a pet owner can often find a way to keep their pet in their home. Because funds are limited, the program should supplement your monthly supply of pet food and not be the sole source of food for pets. You should expect to purchase food for your pets in addition to receiving the program food to meet their full nutritional needs.
- Applicants must provide proof of residency of Washtenaw County or Plymouth.
- Food for the program is donated to HSHV by the generosity of our community partners; therefore, we cannot guarantee that food is always available.
- Proper identification may be required when food is picked up.
- The recipient cannot acquire more animals while participating in this program and will not be allowed to adopt from HSHV. Food will be provided for up to 5 animals.
- Monthly food pick up is on Sundays from noon-3:00pm.
- Lost food buckets will be replaced at a charge of $5 a bucket.
- Membership may be revoked at the discretion of HSHV.
- This program is intended to provide temporary, supplemental assistance for up to six months, initially. You may re-apply in six months if your circumstances have not changed.
- All animals in the household must be spayed or neutered.
Please complete the application below or download the Word document and return to us.