We need you!
Volunteers are our most important asset. The work they do for our animals, shelter, and programs is invaluable. Each and every day, a volunteer improves the life of an animal here at HSHV, and we are so grateful you’re here!
Ready to get started?
2. Attend a Hands-on Orientation Session — Before you begin volunteering at HSHV, we require that you:
- Schedule an Orientation Session: You’ll find the available dates on the application. We’ll send you a confirmation when your application is accepted.
- Attend your scheduled Orientation Session: This will be an informative, hands-on session, so be prepared to get to work. Wear comfortable clothes for indoor work.
- Pay a one-time program fee of $40 at your Orientation Session: $30 of the fee is tax deductible. If this fee is a financial hardship, please don’t worry. We still want you to join our team! Please call (734) 661-3517 to discuss having this fee waived.
3. Commit to Volunteering for a Minimum of 8 Hours a Month — With our flexible hours, you’ll be able to tailor your volunteer experience around your schedule.